Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Upline!

February 12th was my upline's birthday. In case you don't know the term, an upline is the Stampin' Up! demonstrator that you sign up to become a demonstrator with. For example, if you were to join the Stampin' up! team using my web site, or through a demonstrator agreement with me, I would be your upline.

In honor of her birthday, I thought I would show you the card I made for her. I was really happy with it - unfortunately the scan does not do the card justice. For one thing, it is blurry. Any time I have a card with a lot of things that "pop out", the scanner always focuses on those things and makes the rest of the card blurry. I haven't figured out how to fix that yet, and it is so much easier for me to scan my cards than take pictures! Luckily, with this card, the blurriness doesn't matter as much since it is a watercolored image and it looks good a little blurry. Yes, I did use some retired Stampin' Up! items... but you can definitely substitute current products for the items that are retired.

Supply list:
Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set (I LOVE this set)
Very Vanilla, Bashful Blue, and So Saffron card stock
Watercolor Paper
Le Jardin DSP (sorry, this is retired)
Basic Black, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Always Artichoke and Rose Red Classic Ink
Ivory 5/8" Organza ribbon (also retired)
Filigree Brads
Ice Circles Rhinestone Brads
Clear Rhinestone Brads
Aqua Painter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for my beautiful card Jess! I couldn't ask for a nicer downline or friend!