Monday, March 2, 2009

To all the Hokies out there...


When I first saw the Smarty Pants stamp set in the catalog last year - I knew it was one of the ones I had to have for personal reasons. My husband is a graduate of Virginia Tech, and anyone who has heard of them knows that they are called the "Hokies". If you have ever been to a football game (and probably other Virginia Tech sports games as well, but I've only ever been to football games), you might know that the "Hokey Pokey" (or maybe "HOKIE Pokey") is usually played and danced to at least once. So, I love the stamp that reads: What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's ALL about?

I was having so much fun doing the last challenge by my 2nd level upline (see post below), that I decided it was time to finally make a Hokie card with that stamp. I thought the bear from the Under the Stars set was a great dancing bear - (sorry no turkeys) - so I added him in. I'm still working on my watercoloring, but I'm having fun doing it! :-)

Oh... and by the way, Pumpkin Pie and Bravo Burgundy were the closest I could get to Orange and Maroon. But I also think the Sahara Sand looks a lot like Hokie stone!

Supplies:
Under the Stars and Smarty Pants stamp sets
Sahara Sand, Pumpkin Pie, Bravo Burgundy (textured) card stock
Watercoloring paper
Basic Brown, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, and Bravo Burgundy Classic ink pads
Pumpkin Pie and Bravo Burgundy 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon
Linen Thread
Gold Brads
Sticky Strip
Stampin' Dimensionals
SNAIL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO cute!!!

Lisa Freeman said...

Jessica,
That is really cute!
From your hokey upline, Lisa