Monday, June 15, 2009

The card Keila helped me make


My 3 year old daughter had a birthday party for a preschool classmate of hers yesterday. Ever since I let her play with my ABC Images stamps while I was making the flash cards a couple weeks ago, she has wanted to stamp with me some more. I must admit that this has been something that I've had a difficult time with since I am very, well, picky, about how clean my stamps and ink pads and such are. And we all know that 3 year olds have no concept of being gentle with the stamps and not getting the wood in the ink pad and such. But, I've determined that it is more fun seeing her have a blast with the stamps, just like I do. So, our next project was to make a birthday card for her friend Dominic. It took me a little bit to decide how to design a card that Keila could help me with, but finally I decided to let her have a grand old time with birthday themed stamps and then I would use that as the background image for the card. I think in the end, it turned out pretty well. By the way, on the Pacific Point piece on the right, I used a scor-pal to score a lattice design into the card stock. I then punched out 1/4" circles and used those to create the "quilt" look.

Supplies:
Party Hearty and Celebrate Everything stamp sets
Riding Hood Red, Pacific Point and Whisper White card stock
Riding Hood Red, Pacific Point and Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad
On Board Lots of Letters
1/4" Circle Punch (retired)
SNAIL
Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute and I am very happy that you decided to let Keila stamp even though your stamps may show that they have been a little more loved. :)

Pam said...

Cute card, Jessica! Thanks for sharing it!