Saturday, October 25, 2008

October Club Meeting

I have a great club that meets once a month. We get together, have some fun, do a few projects and best of all, rotate who is the hostess each month! For this month's club meeting I designed two cards and one 3-D project. There was one Halloween card and one Thanksgiving card. The 3-D project was a glass jar decorated with Decor Elements. I don't have a photo of the jar right now but I'll add it to this post once I get a chance to take a picture.

The first card is a suspension card using one of my favorite Halloween sets: Batty for You. It also uses the new Halloween set in the Holiday Mini called Halloween Frights. I got the directions and general layout for the card from Beate Jones' tutorial on splitcoaststampers.com. I also used the Ghostly Greetings DSP for this card - a DSP which is growing on me. I wasn't sure about it at first - I had loved last year's Halloween DSP; but the more I use it, the more I love it! It is a little hard to tell that it is a suspension card, but if you look closely at the cat on the circle, you can see the dental floss used to make it a suspension. The one thing you can't see from the picture is the other side of the suspension piece. I used a Pumpkin Pie textured larger circle, Basic Black medium sized circle, and a Whisper White smaller circle with the pumpkin from Halloween Frights in Pumpkin Pie ink.

Supplies (Halloween card):
Batty for You set
Halloween Frights set
Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie textured, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock
Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, and Summer Sun Classic Ink
Ghostly Greetings DSP
Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
1-3/8", 1-1/4", 1", and 3/4" Circle Punches
Dental Floss

The second card used the Autumn Harvest stamp set that is in the new catalog. This stamp set was originally in last year's Holiday Mini catalog, and I was so happy to see it was kept and transferred into the new catalog. I created this layout when I was working on some swap cards from this year's Holiday Mini catalog. I really like it and I am considering using this layout for my Christmas/Holiday cards this year. I always wind up making my Holiday cards more difficult than I should considering the number of cards I make. I think this layout is pretty straight forward and could work well. I'll have to play around with it more! Anyway, back to this card... I used blender pens and the Stampin' Pastels to shade in the pumpkins. The DSP is the set that is exclusively in the Hispanic Catalog: celebrando creatividad. The DSP is called Juntos and I love the fall colors in it.

Supplies (Thanksgiving card)
Autumn Harvest set
Cute & Curly set
Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Really Rust textured, and Very Vanilla card stock
Chocolate Chip, More Mustard and Really Rust Classic Ink
Juntos DSP
Curly Label Punch
Chocolate Chip 1" Double-stitched Ribbon
Cutter Kit

No comments: