Thursday, May 21, 2009

Baby Shower Invite for my college friend



A good friend of mine from college (and my sorority big sister) asked me to help her design a baby shower invitation for her sister. They know that her sister is having a little boy, but Lainey was interested in having the invitation be more of a tea party theme than overwhelming "baby" theme. Since she lives about 2 hours away from me, I sent her some images from the current catalog as some basic formatting ideas. We ended up settling on using the card on pg. 81 of the current catalog as our basic layout (and some of the color palette too). She came to visit me last Saturday and we had a blast making the invitations. I've included photos of both the original layout I had ready for her when she arrived and then the final layout we ended up going with for the invitation. The original card was made using the Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Series Paper (which we both loved) but I wanted to come up with a way to use a similar design but not have to buy a bunch of packs of the Designer Series Paper for just one design. So, what I ended up doing was using the Bella Toile background stamp, and stamping it in Whisper White Craft ink on textured Baja Breeze card stock. The effect is pretty darn close to the one pattern in the Parisian Breeze paper (if I do say so myself) - and I think it turned out perfectly. As you can see in the original, I had planned on also using the Bella Toile stamp in Blush Blossom as a background on the main image, but we thought that was a little too busy - so Lainey suggested making the main image smaller and just having the bunny on the Whisper White card stock. (Yes, I accidentally messed up the stamped image on my example - I promise that double stamp was not anywhere on the final versions though!) We had a great time stamping all day (with a break for a great lunch) and it was a wonderful reason to get together and catch up on all that was going on in our lives.

Card Supplies (for the final version - the card on the right):
Bella Toile and Cute & Cuddly stamp sets
Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White card stock
Baja Breeze textured card stock
Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
Baja Breeze 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

1 comment:

Pam said...

Aw, Jess, that is so sweet! That bunny is so adorable. Nice job!