Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My little boy's birthday scrapbook page


If you look down (or remember) my previous post about Sale-a-Bration, you might recognize the smaller 6x6 portion of this scrapbook page. I created this page for my February club meeting. In the club we only created the 6x6 portion of the page. I then had this set up to show them how you can take a 6x6 scrapbook page and easily turn it in to an 8-1/2x11 or 12x12 page. Just to point out exactly what I'm talking about - and since I know you can't take a tape measure to the computer screen - the Baja Breeze (blue) square portion with the main larger picture is the 6x6 layout. Then the Certainly Celery (green) portion is the 8-1/2x11 layout. This is just one way to easily start small if you are unsure about scrapbooking, and as you get more comfortable with scrapbooking, you can always go back to your inital 6x6 pages and just add a few elements to make it one of the larger sizes.

Oh - and yes, the designer series paper on this is from Sale-a-Bration this year, so unfortunately it is no longer available; and the jumbo wheel I used is retired (I actually did not do that on purpose, I realized after I made the page that the wheel was retired), but since it is National Scrapbooking Month, I wanted to put more scrapbook pages out there. You can easily use other great designer series papers and wheels with this layout.

Supplies:
Define Your Life & It's a Loop Thing Stamp Sets
Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, and Close to Cocoa Classic Stampin' Pad
Certainly Celery and Brocade Blue Craft Stampin' Pad
Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, and Whisper White card stock
Baja Breeze and Basic Gray Textured card stock
Delicate Dots Designer Series Paper ('09 SAB - no longer available)
Certainly Celery Poly-twill Ribbon ('09 SAB - no longer available)
Linen Thread
Silver Brads
Clear Buttons
Ice Square Rhinestone Brads
On Board Timeless Type
Leaves a la Carte Jumbo Wheel (retired)
Jumbo Wheel handle
Wide Oval Punch
Key Tag Punch
Ticket Corner Punch
Heat Tool
Mat Pack & Paper Piercer
Stampin' Sponges
SNAIL
Sticky Strip
Stampin' Dimensionals
Mini Glue Dots


1 comment:

Pam said...

Aw, such a sweetie! Nice job!