Monday, May 11, 2009

National Scrapbook Month


I'm so excited - I managed to post two days in a row! I'll try to keep this up for most of this week, but I make no promises!!!!

Tonight I'm going to combine National Scrapbooking Month (you know, I never remember if it is "scrapbook" or "scrapbooking" month - so I go back and forth) with Mother's Day. I had created this scrapbook page for my May club meeting, but we never got around to making it. You'll see the project we did later this week and you will understand why we didn't make it to the scrapbook page! Anyway - for those of you who look over and over the catalog like I do - you may recognize the layout. I CASEd it from page 4 of the current catalog. I love this picture and thought it perfect to use - it is the four generations of "Elaine"s. My grandmother, my mom, myself and my daughter all have Elaine in our names whether it be as a first or middle name.

A couple notes about the parts of the layout... for the "mom" at the top, I used craft ink to color some of our on-board letters. I had always been hesitant to do that because of how long it took to dry; but then I discovered the joy of using our heat tool to make that drying job so much quicker! You have got to try it! You can tell when the ink is dry - there is a slight color change. Also, I don't know if you can see it in the picture (sorry it is a little dark, and I promise it is a 8-1/2" x 8-1/2" square - I just had to take the photo at a slight angle in order to avoid the camera flash in the photo - and I still got a little bit)... anyway, I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but I also stamped the Lilly of the Valley stamp behind the Whisper White scrap; on the Going Gray card stock.

Supplies (don't forget - you can always order Stampin' Up! products at any time of the day or night from my web site; link is at the top left):

Ever After stamp set
Basic Gray, Always Artichoke, and Cameo Coral Classic Stampin' Pads
Cameo Coral Craft Stampin' Pad
Cameo Coral Stampin' Write Marker
Going Gray, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White card stock
Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper
1-1/4" Square Punch
Eyelet Border Punch
On Board Lots of Letters
Baja Breeze and Basic Gray Corduroy Buttons
Fresh Favorites II Colored Buttons
Baja Breeze 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon
Linen Thread

No comments: